Sunday, January 9, 2011

John's Gospel: The TULIP Garden Of God

(All passages are quoted in King James Version, unless otherwise noted)

Total Spiritual Inability - That all of Adam's posterity are infected with the corruption of his original sin and have lost all ability of will to savingly believe the Gospel apart from the divine aid.
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. (Jn. 3:27, KJV)
He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. (Jn. 12:48, KJV) 
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.  (Jn. 8:43) 
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God... That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (Jn. 3:3, 6, KJV) 
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. (Jn. 6:63-65, KJV)    
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. (Jn.  3:27, KJV)  
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Jn. 1:13, KJV) 
Unconditional Election - That God has beforehand chosen certain people whom He will effectually call and grant saving faith and the final perseverance therein, based upon His mere good will and mercy.
 I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me. (Jn. 13:18, KJV) 
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. (Jn. 15:16, KJV) 
 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.  (Jn. 15:19, KJV) 
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me... (Jn. 10:26, KJV)
Limited Redemption - That Christ's atonement for sin is intended to provide and secure Salvation only for those who will put their faith in Jesus Christ alone as Savior and Lord, namely, the elect.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him won’t perish but will have eternal life. (Jn. 3:16, CEB) 
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. (Jn. 10:11) 
I’m praying for them. I’m not praying for the world but for those you gave me, because they are yours.  Everything that is mine is yours and everything that is yours is mine; I have been glorified in them. (Jn. 17:9-10, CEB)
Irresistible Grace - That God effectively (or unfailingly) draws unto Himself those whom He has chosen for Salvation, so that they will freely put their trust in the finished work of Christ alone and thus be saved. 
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out... It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. (Jn. 6:37, 45, KJV)
 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. (Jn. 10:3-4, KJV)
Preservation of the Saints - That none of God's elect will totally fall away and perish. All those whom God has chosen for Salvation will be drawn to faith in Christ, and all who are drawn to faith in Christ will persevere in their faith to the end and will be admitted to God's glorious kingdom in the last day.
 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. (Jn. 10:28-29, KJV)
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (Jn. 6:38-40, KJV)
-Jeph


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting Rules:

1. No trolling or baiting; submit relevant responses to appropriate blog-posts.
2. No name calling, bashing, flaming or posting of any ad hominems or personal attacks or insults of any kind
3. No spamming, advertising or soliciting.
4. No littering in the comment-box (multi-posting or cross-posting).
5. No blasphemous post and no links to occultic and cultic materials and immoral sites.
6. No negative one-liners.
7. No impersonating
8. No heckling; harrassments
9. No posting in all caps; no posting in all bold letters
10. If you're posting Anonymously, please provide a name so you can be addressed properly.

*All mature, sensible, and honest comments are welcome and encouraged. Comments will be filtered by the blog-owner before granting them to be published.