Wednesday, February 16, 2011

An Open Prayer Of A Disheartened Man

Heavenly Father, I thank you for moving me to make this prayer. I call upon you in the name of your Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and beseech you not to close your ears to this man's desperate cry for relief!

Father, you know everything (Mat. 6:32). You are fully aware of what I'm going through right now. I'm now in pain and it consumes me all over. I'm losing hope. The emotional torture is too heavy that my focus for the things that are vital for my spiritual well-being has been digressed. Lord, I don't wanna be here. Please take me out this dark room. Grant me the sufficient strength I need to get over all this for I only got a few drops of hope and motivation left to press on. The devil at this point is working double-time to destroy me (1 Pe. 5:8). He is sucking all my faith off me so that I'd be forced to end up all these with my own hands. That opportunist. I know that he's powerful than me, Lord, but you are far more powerful than him (Jn. 16:33)! Strengthen my faith, therefore, so that I won't fall over his lies (Eph. 4:27; 1 Jn. 5:4-5). Preserve me from all acts of unrighteousness and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me (Psa. 51:12; 119:107). I am yours, Lord. Protect me!

Lord God, please always remind me of the sufferings of Jesus Christ and his terrible death on the cross, compared to which my own agony is just a piece of cake (Heb. 12:1-4). You have said in your Word that you have granted me for the sake of Christ not only to have faith in him but also to suffer for his sake (Php. 1:29). Please help me live with it. I know that you've got plans for me. You told me that you are making all things work together for my own good and that nothing, even the greatest trials, can ever separate me from your love (Rom. 8:28, 31-39). You are greater than all and nothing can snatch me out of you and your Son's custody (Jn. 10:28-29) so I put my trust wholly in your mighty hand. I'm casting all my sorrows, pain, and hurts upon the cross of Christ, trading them for your joy which transcends all understanding (Php. 4:7).

I praise you Lord for your goodness and faithfulness from the bottom of my aching heart. Please take over. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!

-Jeph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting Rules:

1. No trolling or baiting; submit relevant responses to appropriate blog-posts.
2. No name calling, bashing, flaming or posting of any ad hominems or personal attacks or insults of any kind
3. No spamming, advertising or soliciting.
4. No littering in the comment-box (multi-posting or cross-posting).
5. No blasphemous post and no links to occultic and cultic materials and immoral sites.
6. No negative one-liners.
7. No impersonating
8. No heckling; harrassments
9. No posting in all caps; no posting in all bold letters
10. If you're posting Anonymously, please provide a name so you can be addressed properly.

*All mature, sensible, and honest comments are welcome and encouraged. Comments will be filtered by the blog-owner before granting them to be published.